Sunday, May 9, 2010

happy mother's day!

Here is our baby!  It was taken at about 13 weeks.  The baby measured a week ahead however.  Still too early to tell if it's a boy or girl...but Dave and I suspect it's a boy.  The reason we got an ultrasound is kind of interesting.  It was only my second appointment and we were told we would get to hear the heartbeat.  I was pretty excited about that and the day before I just started thinking about it.  As I was thinking about it, I had  an impression that we wouldn't hear the heartbeat but everything would be fine.  Sure enough the next day the midwife couldn't find the heartbeat.  I had told Dave about the impression so we both felt calm and at peace the whole time.  The midwife was more worried.  I'm glad I had that experience the day before or I probably would have lost it.  Anyways, the baby was fine and we got to hear the heartbeat during the ultrasound.  We got to see it move too.  Life definitely is a miracle.

3 comments:

Rich said...

Caroline and I agree that's not a baby it's an ear with feet.

Carol T. said...

yup...looks like an ear...

Tiffany Stockton said...

the head looks like a weird cow face looking at you if you look at it right

Post a Comment